Driveway and dropped kerb in Hedon
Before the project
The project itself started with laying a high-quality, locally sourced block paving driveway. Which was then complimented by a local council approved dropped kerb. You can find photographs of the customers driveway prior to our engagement below.
Steps to laying the driveway and dropped kerb
Laying a new block paving driveway and a council approved dropped kerb is a thorough process that requires a highly experienced company. Below we have detailed the steps undertaken by our experts.
- Work commenced starting with digging out the historic driveway.
- Workers laid the road stone and compacted.
- Laid all the edging blocks on a concrete bed and haunch.
- The area was then screeded with sharp sand and compacted at a depth of 30mm.
- The Bradstone Woburn Rumbled, Graphite Grey blocks were then laid.
- We then brushed in dried kiln sand into all block paving joints and went over the area with a light compactor plate and tided up.
- The work then commenced on installing the dropped kerb, starting by digging out the existing grass and tarmac footpath.
- The existing kerbs are broken out and removed.
- The new dropped kerbs are then laid, to council regulations.
- We then regulated and added more stone to the area.
- The dropped kerb is then completed by laying 30mm of wearing course tarmac, on top of 50mm of base course tarmac - all sourced by ourselves.
- Finally, the area is tidied up and all Chapter 8 signage and pedestrian barriers are removed from the property.
The finished project
Our customer was delighted with the finished project, and provided us a 5 star recommendation on Facebook. You can find the photographs of the revamped driveway and dropped kerb below.
Request a driveway or dropped kerb quote
If you are looking for a driveway and dropped kerb contractor in the East Riding of Yorkshire, Hull, York or surrounding areas - you can request a quote online. We operate on a no obligation basis, and we aim to get all quotes back to customers in 48 hours.
And if you already have a like-for-like quote from another contractor, we promise to beat the price.